Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Ruby Circle

Rating: 3.5 stars

Summary: The final installment in the Bloodlines series, which is a spin off of the Vampire Academy series. Vague Spoilers. 

Overall I really enjoyed this. I thought it did a good job of wrapping everything up, just maybe did a little too good of a job. Everything in this book seemed convenient. Especially the end, which was kind of rushed and there was a time jump at the end which caught me off guard and confused me. It also could've been longer. I felt the last 100-200 pages were rushed and some arcs should've been longer. 

This one wasn't as funny as the others. Or it might just be I don't find it as funny as I read this in the daylight

Thinking about this series what amazing me the most and one of my favorite parts of it is the character development both Sydney and Adrian has had. 

This definitely wasn't my favorite of Bloodlines, that having to be Silver Shadows but it also wasn't my least favorite as I found the first couple annoying. Comparing the two series, Bloodlines and Vampire Academy I honestly don't know which one I liked best. They seem so far away from each other and seeing Rose and Dimitri in these books kind of cloud my judgement. It's always weird seeing characters in a different perspective no matter what book or how much you love them. 

This book was also different from me to the others because I read all 8 VA and the past 5 Bloodlines at 3 in the morning bingeing them very, very fast. Before I was totally emursed in the world and this time I didn't remember a lot and couldn't really get into it. 


This review is a mess. Read this if you read the others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment