Thursday, May 14, 2015

Ask The Passengers by A.S. King

13069935Ask the passengers. 

4.5 stars 

Girl is stuck an unhealthy family and in the closet. 

A. S. King is a goddess. I've heard for a while that her books are amazing but never picked one up, but after Glory O'Brien's History of the Future I can't stop reading her. This one wasn't as good as Glory but still definitely great. I was surprised by how she was gay, which is the best. One of the best things is to be reading a book and then the main characters turn out gay and you never saw it coming. I know this isn't particularly right, but it automatically makes the book a lot better (Except you House of Hades, except you). 

My only problem with Ask The Passengers was the fantasy, magical realism aspect. It was inconsistent and I think there should've only been one, not too battling fantasy aspects. There are two, Socrates who follows the main character around, and air plane passengers that have a connection with her. 

I really enjoyed this story overall, it was a great read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment