Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

18798983Rating: 4.5 Stars

Summary: In a country where the young king marries a new girl everyday and then kills her the next morning Shahrzad wants revenge. After her best friend is victim to the king she volunteers herself as the next queen.
...

How am I suppose to go in with my life after that ending? 

How could Renee do this??? 

I'm so confused right now I have no idea what that ending was please send help. 
...

Okay, now with some sleep I may be able to piece together some thoughts. I liked The Wrath and The Dawn. I really, really, liked it. It was a 3rd person narration with switching focus of the character. After a while the sub plots would get annoying because I would just want Shazi's and I didn't care about anything else. The writing was beautiful and Shazi would tell stories, which were also great. The world building and magical elements in the book were really good too. Every character was so complex and great and wonderful and ohmigosh I love Khalid so much I might cry. My opinions and feelings of the King were so up and down it hurt, as was Shazi.

My only complaint was, even though I love the couple so so so much, it did seem a little insta-love-y but even by the end of the book, to me, it seemed they still didn't really know each other. I did love how they fought like a real couples (and more than once) , something most YA couples do. 

Read this now. Do yourself this favor. Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment