Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Young Elites by Marie Lu

Rating: 4 Stars
Summary: Years after a sickness kills many adults but leaves some children with special powers. The main character, Adelina, has just joined The Young Elites, a group of kids with powers who wish to take back the oppressing crown.
20821111

Overall this was a good books. I am really excited for the next one, the set up looks really good. I think the reason I gave it four stars instead of five won't be a problem in the next one too. Since it is a first book of a fantasy series it wasn't the best, but it still was really good.

Some things I especially liked: The secondary characters were really fascinating, I wish I  got to know them better, and I hope they are in the next books. I also really enjoyed the world and the premise of the book. The romance was another highlight, it not being too focused on, but still satisfying.


However, the main character was annoying. She had secrets that didn't have to be secrets and could've been totally fine if she just asked for help.  But, also that trope always annoys me. I think that's not going to be a problem in the next book. That and some things that happened in the ending made it a 4 star book rather than a 5.

I would definitely recommend this and I am looking forward to the next one. I wouldn't say this was as good as her Legend series, but it was still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment