Saturday, September 13, 2014

Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid


Rating: 4 stars
Mysterious girl on a road trip on the way to Alaska meets four people, changing their lives forever. 
18812437    I knew going in it was going to be cheesy and cliche and it was. I picked it up for the cover and only read it because I needed something for school. It was a lot better than I expected, most of the characters being very relatable. The writing was standard, nothing extraordinary, but not horrible. It was engaging and sometimes really funny. I'm also a really big fan of multiple perspective books and enjoyed the postcards at the end of each section.                                                                  Some of my complaints about it was I really hated Elliot, the third perspective, he wasn't interesting, he was whinny, and he had the whole "nice guy" persona. I thought all of the stories, except Leila's, were cliche and overused. I didn't think Leila was sincere about Hudson until later in the book when she talked about him and the postcards. Altogether, I really enjoyed it and thought it would be a good quick summer read.



No comments:

Post a Comment