Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fairest by Marissa Meyer


Rating: 4 stars

Summary: A prequel of The Lunar Chronicles (Cinder, Scarlet..), featuring the evil queen, Levana.

I didn't expect it to be this good. I assumed it was going to be some quickly written, boring prequel that was just to sell another book. However, this one is actually worth the read. I didn't really reveal anything (as of yet) crucial to the overall story but I would recommend reading it along with the rest of the story.

My emotions from start to finish of this book were running high. At points it almost felt like my heart was going to slam out of my chest it was beating so fast. I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of the book, not believing what I thought Levana was going to do. One main thing I liked about this book was it didn't really make me feel bad for Levana, which is usually the intention 


I wished it had more world building, especially with stuff dealing with powers, when it didn't really have any. The ending felt a little rushed but the preview of Winter was really good and just makes me more excited for the finale book. Also, what's with the cover??? It doesn't match!!! It makes me so angry. At first I thought this was going to just be a ebook and I was okay with it but now having the book on my shelf it angers me so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment