Wednesday, February 25, 2015

We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist

Rating; 3.5
Summary: Post-college kid realizes he has never had a girlfriend. Kid wonders why. Science experiment ensues.

This book was just, eh, for me. Firstly, I  didn't think it was that funny when it was pretty obvious that is what it was striving for. The whole plot and pint of the book kinda put me off since reading the summary, I'm not quite sure why I read it at all. The stories got quite repetitive, which the author does point out I think. Also, the ending really turned me off. The style of it didn't really fit with the rest of the book. it was also really rushed, especially compared to how strung out the rest of the book was. I know it was a true story, so I get why the author would do that. Also, knowing it was true each story felt isolated somehow and they didn't really foot or flow well together.

Although I didn't really like it in the big sense of things I still found it enjoyable. It was a quick, fun read. This is a short review I know, I just didn't have that many feelings about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment