Tuesday, August 11, 2015

If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan

17302571Summary: Sahar has been in love with her best friend Nasrin since they both were little girls. Unfourtatley, in Iran, being gay is illegal but being transgender is not. When it's announced Nasrin is betrothed Sahar thinks a surgery may be the only way to keep them together. 

3/5

I had a few problems with If You Could Be Mine. The plot was lackluster, average, predicable, slow and strung out, and didn't really keep my attention. I think the trans storyline was more focused on and forced than it should've been. I don't think it should really be the marketing point. The writing, like the last book I read of hers, Tell Me Again How A Crush Should Feel, was average but my main problem with that one wasn't as big of a problem in this one. 

However, I did enjoy the characters and the culture and I must admit, I did cry a little at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment