Thursday, July 16, 2015

Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid

Rating: 4 Stars
Summary: Dave and Julie are best friends. Their freshman year they made a list of all the high school cliches they would never do. A few month before graduation they find the list again and decide to do them all, especially rule number 7, Do not fall in love with your best friend. 

24338298
The last few books I've read haven't been outstandingly bad or outstandingly good. They've all been in that weird middle ground where I don't regret reading it at all, but I'm not like crying over how beautiful it is or no being able to sleep because Jessica Fictional Character might do this or that or... Maybe its because I've been reading romantic contemporary and i need to get back in my warm bed of science fiction fantasy...

Anyways, as you might've guessed Never Always Sometimes was mediocre. I enjoyed his other book, Let's Get Lost, a lot more. This one was slightly predicable, about thankfully didn't follow the typical romance book plot. I think the biggest thing that didn't make this book stand out to me was the characters. I didn't root for them, they were annoying and didn't have much depth to them. The writing sometimes seemed that there were holes in description/ narration and always left me a little distant from the book. It was difficult to fully engage myself in the book as well.

Overall, it was an okay read that was actually pretty funny. It's an fun, summer read that doesn't follow the usual romance book plot point but has lackluster characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment