Sunday, January 18, 2015

This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

13138734   Rating: 3.5 Stars
Summary: The second book in the Starbound series, although it does not focus on the same characters as These Broken Stars. As this is a sequel there will be SPOILERS.

This book didn't have a fair start. These Broken Stars, the first novel in this series was amazing. Because of that I had really high expectations which were let down. However, I did enjoy this book.

I didn't enjoy this story overall as much as These Broken Stars. It wasn't as interesting, wasn't as complex and wasn't as sci-fi-y. It took forever for the two to get together (then another forever after that for them to actually get together). I'm also not quite sure if I buy in to their relationship either. Another thing that really annoyed me (afterwards not while reading it) was their were too many deaths that didn't have any affect on the main characters but should have.

Other than that I think it is an entertaining book and a good addition to this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment