Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

22859523Rating:4.5
Summary: The third and final book in the Mara Dyer trilogy There will be small spoilers, beware.

    Overall I thought it was a satisfying wrap up to the story, even if I thought the problems from the last two books could've have been more surprising and twisted. It was funny, even with the lack of Noah in most of the book. It was really good at the suspense and keeping me engaged for the entire book. It was action packed as well and I loved the dual perspective.

 However I did not think this was the best of the series. Mostly, because of the story, which I though could've been better. Some smaller things that bother me were also the reason for taking it down half a point. The pop culture references were weird. They made me uncomfortable and seemed out of place. Also, they've been stuck in that compound for who knows how long and before that they were in a mental hospital, How do they know about ebola? I also wish Mara acknowledged the visions/dreams whatever (the other POV) more.

All together this was a really good final book, better than most I've read. Would definitely recommend this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment