Friday, January 9, 2015

My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins

Rating: 4 Stars
Summary: Twelve holiday themed stories, Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, Winter Solstice, by some really talented and famous authors.


All together I really enjoyed all of the stories, even if some less than the rest. Unlike most short story collection I didn't hate any of them, or even completely skip any. They were all really different and not just Christmas themed, which I appreciated. Some of them were confusing or really really cheesy (they were all cheesy, they have to be), or just not that interesting, which is why I'm not  giving it a full five stars. really sure how to review this so I'll just make lists.
My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories

Favorites:

  • Midnights by Rainbow Rowell
  • It's A Yuletide Christmas, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins
  • What The Hell Have You Done by Sophie Roth
These aren't very surprising though since I already liked these authors. 

Really Good But Not Enough Time To Explain The World So It Was Confusing: 

  • The Lady and The Fox by Kelly Link 
  • Krampuslauf by Holly Black
  • The Girl Who Woke The Dreamer by Laini Taylor

I think this would be a very good was to be exposed to new authors and find new books. I would definitely recommend this to people, even if it wasn't around the holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment