Thursday, January 1, 2015

Top Books of 2014

These are my favorite books I've read in 2014. They aren't necessary books that came out in 2014, but ones I read during 2014. These also aren't really in any order.


  • I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson.  I've talked about this books so much everywhere. I love it so much it's insane. It's definitely the best book I've read this year. The writing style is amazing and I love dual POVs.  I still tear up thinking about it. It's soooooo beautiful if you haven't read it, go now. Read my full review here. 

  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. I finished this book in the middle of my first period class and began to cry. This book broke my heart so many times. It's an Iliad retelling and knowing how the book would end just made it 10 times worse (in the emotional section). The writing is beautiful, the characters are beautiful. This book is beautiful. Read my full review here.

  • Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by e last one. All three of the books so far has had such beautiful writing its insane. 

  • The Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas. This is a fantasy series that has three books so far but I've heard it's going to had at least five. I'm kind of cheating by grouping these but who cares. Because of these books I wanted to be an assassin for a while. The main character, Celeana is so bad ass and cool and amazing I love her so much. This story is going to get so huge and dimensional I can't wait. I think I like the second books the most but was disappointed about the third one, but that was mostly my fault. My favorite was the novellas though. Read my full review of the third book here. 

  • Cress by Marissa Meyer. Is the third book in the Lunar Chronicles. Although I liked the second one, Scarlet, more I still loved this one. They're science fiction fairy tell retelling, this one focusing on Rapunzel, who lives in a space ship and is a hacker. These books are great, they're funny and action packed, and I highly recommend. 

  • Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. It's a series of graphic novel and the drawing style is amazing as well as the story. The story is so coll and weird and kind of creepy yet hilarious. It's funny and heart tugging and cute and the story is so big and getting so big it's going to be great.  I have a small review of the first volume here. 


  • The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This series is laugh out loud funny. I would find myself laughing in the most serious situation which was just great. I binge read these so fast, knowing they aren't that good (as in contributive to the human race) but not being able to stop reading them. The main character doesn't take any shit it's great and I would be fine with the entire series being just dialogue the dialogue was so good. Although It did have some sore spots, like the first and last books being not that great, it still belongs on this list for how much joy it gave me. This seriees was also the inspiration for this blog. Read a review of all five books here. 

  • The Vampire Academy and The Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead. Grouping eleven books together I guess isn't that fair but *shrugs*. This was definitely a really rocky series, with some being five stars and others two, but all together they were really entertaining. Looking back at and while I was reading them I knew they weren't that good. Like the Lux series I binge read these, but this was worse. I finished all eleven books in about two weeks. It was over the summer and I would stay up to 5 in the morning reading, get up at twelve and then read some more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment